How Len Goodman's first wife waltzed away: After his tragic death, the Strictly judge's colourful love life as told in h

newspotted
Site Admin

How Len Goodman's first wife waltzed away: After his tragic death, the Strictly judge's colourful love life as told in h

Post by newspotted »

The American version of Strictly Come Dancing was proving every bit as successful as the BBC original.

'We love that show, my wife and I watch you every week,' said the stranger.

'We think you're great. Len, I'm Gary Beckner, I look after corporate sponsorship for golf events.

Would you come and have breakfast with us in the players' private dining room?'

I followed him in and suddenly I saw Tiger.

Woods, eating breakfast, alone at a table. 'Tiger,' said Gary, 'do you watch Dancing With The Stars?' 'No, but Elin, my wife, watches it all the time.'

'Well, this is Len Goodman, the head judge from that show.' 'Len, won't you sit down?' asked Tiger, greet- ing me like an old friend. 'Wanna join me for breakfast?'

He didn't need to ask twice. And as I chatted with probably the greatest golfer of all time, I kept asking myself: 'How the hell does this happen to a dance teacher from Dartford?' The truth is, I've been lucky.

But just like the waltz, life has its own rhythm of rise and fall. Yes, I've enjoyed the rise — but my goodness, I certainly know a bit about the falls.

Read more.